Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It has been a while!!!!

It's been a fairly busy and very fun summer! I will definitely have to get pictures up soon. Sammie's birthday party was a blast. He really didn't want to touch any vegetables for a couple weeks after the taste of chocolate cake. It didn't help that my parents were in town and were feeding him the amazing bread at Tomato Street for dinner. The kid didn't want anything but bread and/or crackers for a while after that! I hate it when my parents and I have to split and go about our normal lives 1500 miles apart. It really sucks! I always have so much fun with them... yes mom, it's true, even when you drive me absolutely insane! I talk to my mom often on the phone but it's just not the same. Sammie loves talking on the phone and his Grammy always makes him smile. He is so loud when I am on the phone, but as soon as I give it to him he just stares at it quietly. What else...
We went to our friends cabin on the lake over the fourth of July. I had a lot of fun with friends. I needed it. That weekend Sammie also walked around on his own for the first time! He had no one to walk to, just walked around and danced to snoop dog! He was so excited and proud of himself. It was the cutest thing ever, I wish I could have captured it in a video, but it just wasn't expected. He took a couple more weeks to get the confidence to do it again and has been nonstop since! We also started playing volleyball on Wednesdays with some friends. We usually have Bryce's mom come watch Sammie (he loves spending time with her). It's a blast and gets me out a little more.
My newest hobby is sewing diapers! I have a passion for cloth diapers. I started cloth diapering Sammie when he was about 8 months old and have become more and more addicted daily (weird I know, but don't knock it until you try it, lol) I have only sewn a few diapers and soakers for Sammie and future little Leming( not on purpose, they were just too small for Sammie). I really enjoy sewing and want to learn more so I can sew clothes for me and Sam and any future children. Bryce and I are talking about selling the diapers I make, but I'm just not sure yet. I need to perfect the pattern I've made and see if it's even feasible. There are a ton of moms who sell their diapers so i'm not sure I could even make money on it. Anyway... I'm getting boring and just rambling on. Hopefully Bryce will be home soon to help relieve me of my boredom.

2 comments:

  1. being miles and miles away from family does suck. i hate that part too. so sorry. do you think you'll ever move back to phoenix, or they more there...or you all just move somewhere completely new all together? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We talk about moving down to phoenix in the near future. We have to sell our house first which means getting it ready to sell and that is taking a lot of time!

    ReplyDelete